Pre-Match Guide | Dundela 30/04/22

We welcome Dundela to Dixon Park tomorrow afternoon in what will be the final fixture of the 21/22 Lough 41 Championship season.

Match Info

When: Saturday 30th April – Kick-Off 3:00pm

Where: Dixon Park

What: Lough 41 Championship

Entry: Pay at the gate – £8 (Adult) / £5 (Concession)

Match Sponsor: Agnew Recovery Services Ltd

Ball Sponsor: Antrim Newtownabbey Disability FC

The Opponents

Dundela go into tomorrow’s game top of Section B of the Lough 41 Championship – which is a great achievement considering their results at the beginning of the season. Last week, Dundela swept to a comfortable victory over Institute at Wilgar Park. Eoin Kane opened the scoring with around a quarter-of-an-hour on the clock with a close range finish after Rhys Annett’s initial effort was saved. Kyle Owens added a second after half-an-hour when he rose highest to nod home a Tony Kane corner from the right, before Annett made it 3-0 early in the second half with a shot on the turn beyond John Connolly. ‘Stute pulled one back soon after through Jamie Dunne but Eoin Kane restored Dundela’s three-goal advantage later in the game with his second of the afternoon from just outside the area.

The Comrades

The Comrades secured Championship football for next season after a 2-2 draw with Queen’s University at The Dub. The Students moved in front after 18 minutes through Adam Calvert but Liam Hassin levelled for the Comrades ten minutes after that. But Queen’s regained the advantage after half-an-hour after Leon Bonnes turned home a corner, a lead they held until eight minutes into the second half when Hassin equalised again for the visitors.

Last Time Out

The last time these two sides met, just last month, Dundela swept to a comfortable three-goal defeat of Ballyclare Comrades at Wilgar Park. Eamonn Fyfe opened the scoring as early as the eighth minute after getting on the end of a ball over the top and beating keeper Richard Purcell one-on-one. Then, after a quarter-of-an-hour, David Fearon made it 2-0 with a tap in after Ryan McKay had done well down the left before delivering the ball into the box. That was how it stayed until the final few minutes when Rhys Annett added a third after he skipped past a couple of defenders, took it past Purcell and slotted into the empty net.